Physiotherapy Direct Service
To arrange a physiotherapy appointment please call
Monday to Friday 08:00-15:00
Please make sure you have the following details ready:
- Your NHS Number (can be found on a hospital letter or by ringing the GP Surgery)
- Your current address and mobile/home number(s)
- Next of kin contact phone number(s)
- GP Surgery name and address
They may also ask for information relating to your problem, your communication needs, and your ethnicity. This helps them to improve the quality of the service they deliver. Please let them know if you do not wish to provide this information.
- A physiotherapist will ring you within 2 working days to discuss your condition and the best way to manage it. They may give you an exercise programme or direct you to online resources.
- If the physiotherapist fees a face to face appointment is required this will be arranged but you may be added to their waiting list
If you have back or neck pain and are experiencing altered sensation in your bladder or bowels or pins and needles in both arms and legs, we would advise you seek immediate medical advice first
This service is not suitable for individuals experiencing neurological problems (i.e. strokes/Parkinson’s), breathing problems, continence or require Children’s physiotherapy.
For the above conditions you will need a referral from your GP.