Leicestershire Nutrition and Dietetic Service
- Is your weight affecting your health?
- Would you like help to lose weight and create a healthier lifestyle for you and your family?
If the answer is YES, there are a whole range of services on offer, FREE of charge for you to access, such as:
- 10 week NHS lead LEAP course – physical activity and healthy eating
- 12 week Weight Watchers Vouchers
- 8 week NHS lead Family Lifestyle Club (FLic) - physical activity and healthy eating for the whole family
If you would like to find out more about these courses or other activities run by the Leicestershire Nutrition and Diabetic Service call 0116 222 7192 (Quoting: C82014)
visit their website at http://www.lnds.nhs.uk/_PatientsandPublic-MoreAboutUs.aspx
Leap Information sheet with dates of upcoming courses:
Getting the best out of life
The Sound Doctor is a website developed to help you understand your condition better so you can take control, cope well at home and get the most out of life. Each condition covered on the website consists of about sixty short films featuring key practical advice from some of the country's leading experts.
Conditions available include Dementia, Back Pain, Diabetes, COPD, Heart Failure and Weight Management:-
The Sound Doctor contains useful tips from patients, as well as doctors, consultants, nurses and other healthcare professionals. There's also a chatroom where you can share stories and pass on advice of your own to other people. The aim is to keep you well and out of hospital, help you cope well at home and give you the confidence to take control and get as much as you can out of life.
How to get started:
- email them at email@example.com with the name of your GP and the Practice and the conditions you would like to access
- They will get back to you with a link to click on
- That will take your to www.thesounddoctor.org login page
- Fill in username and make up a password
- you're away
If you don't have a computer/tablet/smart phone you can go to your local library and use a computer there