Physiotherapy Direct Service
To arrange a physiotherapy appointment please call ) 0300 300 0046 (Monday to Friday 08:00-16:00)
Please make sure you have the following details ready:
- Your NHS Number (can be found on a hospital letter or by ringing the GP Surgery)
- Your current address and mobile/home number(s)
- Next of kin contact phone number(s)
- GP Surgery name and address
They may also ask for information relating to your problem, your communication needs, and your ethnicity. This helps them to improve the quality of the service they deliver. Please let them know if you do not wish to provide this information.
A physiotherapist will ring you within 2 working days to discuss your condition and the best way to manage it. They may give you an exercise programme or direct you to online resources.
If the physiotherapist fees a face to face appointment is required this will be arranged but you may be added to their waiting list
If you have back or neck pain and are experiencing altered sensation in your bladder or bowels or pins and needles in both arms and legs, we would advise you seek immediate medical advice first.
This service is not suitable for individuals experiencing neurological problems (i.e. strokes/ Parkinson’s), breathing problems, continence or require Children’s physiotherapy (For any of these above conditions you will need a referral from your GP)
Let's Talk – Wellbeing
Let’s Talk – Wellbeing is a service that provides psychological assessment and treatment for what are known as mild to moderate common mental health problems, You can now self-refer to the Let’s Talk – Wellbeing by completing the online self-referral form at https://www.nottinghamshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/leicestershire-county-and-rutland-service-
First Contact Plus is an online tool which helps adults in Leicestershire find information about a range of services all in one place. The initiative allows residents who require help with one or a number of issues to access a catalogue of information, advice, help and support.
- Improving your Health - Smoking, Alcohol & Drug Awareness, Healthy Weight, Sexual Health and Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Falls - Previously Fallen and Preventing Falling
- Feeling Safe - Fire Safety, Risk of Crime, Rogue Traders and Victim of Crime
- Living Independently - Managing Personal Care, Help in your home, Lifeline and Assistive Technology, Community Groups & Transport, Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired
- Money, Debts and Benefits - Benefits, Debts, Managing Money and Funding Future Care
- Work, Learning and Volunteering - Unemployment, Adult Learning and Volunteering
- Families and Relationships - Caring for Others and Family Activities & Support
- Your home - Repairs, Adaptations & Maintenance, Warm Homes and Housing Options
First Contact Plus is delivered by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with GPs, the police, health organisations, voluntary groups and social care departments, district & borough councils who are helping adults across the county by working together to make access to services much easier.
Visit their website for more information and access to the Self Referral Form
T: 0116 3054286 E: email@example.com W: www.firstcontactplus.org.uk
Podiatry services aim to keep the population mobile, help users keep their independence and maintain their quality of life by providing an expert and complete range of foot and lower limb care, for those with a clinical, medical and/or physical need. This can range from routine corn, callous and nail care to the extremely specialised ‘high risk’ cases such as diabetic foot ulcer care, nail surgery, complex biomechanical assessment and treatment, through to provision of insoles and orthotics.
Treatment plans are individual to the user, aiming to resolve the problem or at least reach a level of maintenance and comfort. They also include personalised education, strongly promoting self-care.
How can you access the service? If you live in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland you can ask for an application forms at Reception or you can download the Form here
Visit their website at http://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/_OurServices-Podiatry.aspx for more information about their service
Type 2 Diabetes - FREE education course
If you have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and would like to attend a FREE education session you can now book yourself onto an EMPOWER course online at www.empowerllr.co.uk/course-info
Self Referral Form